Bonnet Carre Construction

Thousands of wooden pilings were driven to provide a solid foundation for the spillway structure. Tags: #water - photo display

POW 02

Building constructed to house German prisoners of war near the courthouse in Hahnville duringWorld War II – St. Charles was one of several sites in Louisiana...

Holy Rosary Church in Taft

Our Lady of the Rosary Church began as a mission chapel built in Taft in 1866. Tags: #religion - photo display

Barbarra Plantation 01

The LaBranche Plantation Dependency was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. Located in St. Rose, the dependency was built in the Creole...

Pan Am

Pan Am Oil Refinery in Destrehan (pictured in 1948) was located on the grounds of Destrehan Plantation. Originally owned by the Mexican Petroleum Company, this...

Health Unit

There was a health unit in Hahnville staffed by a physician, nurse, and technician. Property was purchased in 1952 for an east bank health unit in New Sarpy...

St. Charles Parish Courthouse 1927

The St. Charles Parish Courthouse built in 1927. This courthouse was built around the earlier building that had been constructed in 1826. Tags: #government ...

Moss at Destrehan Plantation

Spanish moss, the gray substance hanging from many trees in St. Charles Parish, is not a fungus. It is an epiphyte, a plant that grows on other plants, but is...

Luling Theater

In the mid-1900s, St. Charles Parish had several movie theaters including the one on Paul Maillard Road in Luling Tags: #entertainment and recreation - photo...

Search