Katz Store

Katz Store

The Katz Store (above left) in Hahnville was in operation in the 1800s. The building in the middle of the picture above was the Stein Store which was built around 1870. It later became Smith’s Grocery but has been closed for many years. One of the oldest buildings in Hahnville, Smith’s Grocery was last operated by Leonard Smith.