From all accounts LaBranche Plantation in St. Rose was one of the grandest on the German Coast. Along with Fashion Plantation, it was destroyed during the Civil War.
All that remained was the Dependency House, also called a garconniere (French for bachelor quarters).
Olidé and Marie Perilloux Cambre purchased the Dependency House and property in 1902. Pictured here in 1910 from right to left are Olidé Thomassin Cambre (father) (1872–1923), Marie Perilloux Cambre (mother), Lionel (son), Thomas Olidé (son), Marie Cambre Williams (daughter), Bernadette Millet (niece), Elvetia Cambre Gilbert (daughter), and Gretta Cambre Jacob (daughter).
The Lentini family of Kenner purchased and restored the property in 1983. The Dependency House is significant because of its exceptional Federal woodwork and rarity as a dependency. It is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. (Photos courtesy of Ronald Cambre)
This text is copyright © material by Marilyn Richoux, Joan Becnel and Suzanne Friloux, from St. Charles Parish, Louisiana: A Pictorial History, 2010.